It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged infringement. Please make sure that the information sent to us are structured as suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov) but we will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well.
Please remember that you will be liable for damages caused by filing a DMCA request that is not valid, misrepresented, or under false pretenses. This includes both the costs to the other party and legal fees. Recently a company was ordered to pay $100,000 for trying to remove online materials that were protected by fair use so please take this warning seriously. We strongly recommend you contact a lawyer before filing any claims.
If you wish to file a DMCA request, you must send the following to us:
- Identify in detail where the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon is located. So for example the URL and further details on the specifics if it part of a page or website.
- Identify the materials that you claim are infringing your copyright such as if it is an image, page, or so on.
- Provide contact information so we can contact you. This includes an email, a phone number, and a mailing address.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the document and print your name under that.
- Send this document via email to abuse [at] rapiddot.com
No Comments yet