How to connect via FTP to your account using FileZilla
FileZilla, is a neat and lightweight ftp client, which is available for Windows, MacOSX and Linux
We made it very simple to configure it, and it is simple to use.
- Download and install FileZilla
- Login to your client area. After you log in to your seedbox account, click in the "My Client Area" button.
- Click the little gear icon next to the seedbox that you want to download its ftp configuration and then click at "Manage Seedbox".
- Go down to the "Seedbox" tab. Next to the "FTP Access" section you will see a "Filezilla Configuration" button. Press it and you should download a "sites.xml" file.
- Open FileZilla, and go to Settings. In the Transfer options set the Maximum simultaneous transfer to "3"
- Go to File > Import
- Choose the file "sites.xml" that you just downloaded when FileZilla will ask for confirmation to import the Site Listings, choose OK
- After you receive a successful message, that the import is complete, go to File > SiteManager
- Choose the entry with your servername, and click "Connect"
Note: Filezilla doesn't support multi-segmented downloading (which is different from simultaneous transferring).
If you need multi-segmented downloading, in order to maximize your FTP download speed, then refer to this guide
Note2: Due to some changes from our end, FTP now can show hidden files and folders (as SFTP does). Some FTP clients support hiding/showing hidden files from their settings (like Cyberduck for example). Unfortunately Filezilla doesn't natively support that setting, so if you want to hide the hidden files in Filezilla, you must do the following;
* Create a Directory listing filter (from the top menu View -> Directory listing filters) then click on Edit filter rules.. (bottom left, check the first screenshot below)
* Create a new filter and name it e.g. "Hide hidden files". At the filter conditions, select Filter out items matching all of the following and the first condition should be Filename, begins with, . (point character, as shown at the second screenshot) and click OK
* From the previous window, enable the filter on the right side (Remote filters)
* Click OK so you can now apply that custom filter you just created